Monday, September 9, 2013

Lotus.


You ask me
why burn that hair, root to tip
you ask me
why pain the eyes, lid to lash
you ask me
why paint the lips, top to bottom
when you don't need any?

I ask you
do you prefer the smooth, luscious curls perfectly pinned in place
waiting to be released to its gravity, only by your hands.
I ask you
do you prefer the perfectly curved lashes so thick so dark
hiding underneath the eyes that long for just one touch, by you.
I ask you
do you prefer the full, perfectly lined lips
slightly parting at the slight hint of your presence, only yours.
don't you?

Did it occur to you
that may be
I didn't want to be touched or even liked your clawing hands
may be, i wasn't waiting for you
did it occur to you
that may be
I take the pains to do what i do because
it makes ME feel better? makes ME happy?
may be
no one was there to assure me i don't need it
may be
 I had to assure myself that I'm beautiful
is that so wrong?

you tell me
I invited you
you tell me,
I should know better to behave for i am a girl
you tell me
my mama should've taught me better
you tell me
all the same i deserve what was done.

I tell you
I am free
I tell you
my mama taught me the best
for I tell you that even if i walk naked, it still does not give nobody the right to touch me
I walk off
being the lotus I am, he the mud. 



 





No comments:

Post a Comment