Monday, September 9, 2013

"We don't look for heaven and we put our love first ..Don't you know we'd die for it? It's a curse.. This is what makes us girls"

There you were
standing right in the middle of the stage;
the traditional 'beraya' around your waist;
that smirk on your face and with hands that moved perfectly to the beat
looking ever so handsome, you caught my heart.
forgive me.

I took charge
with a blink of an eye, you were my friend
my best friend
my everything.
forgive me.

18th birthday
it finally came
red roses, chocolate and my favorite of all,
the poem, the story and the song
18 things on that list of yours
only 17 made it out
and I still yearn ache beg for that one...that didn't make it
forgive me.

19th birthday
we walked, panting sweating through the small woods
your surprise..for me
the winter garden ..oh you tried so hard!
I should've kissed you and completed that list
but I didn't
there was silence and we were gone
leaving behind the scent of your favourite spray
a birthday gift I was told
which I planned to give you.
forgive me.

Then it was the day
I was to say goodbye
we went to your special place
mission bay... but everyone goes there?
just wait you said and we drove
in silence
horns yanked behind me
for I was nervous having you in the next seat
very nervous for you were so close to me
forgive me.

Your place
it was special
a beautiful view it held
we lied on the grass, arms touching
you asked
can I kiss you
we didn't
forgive me.

Almost three years...
and you are a stranger
with a girl beside you
and you're smiling.
But we were to be the best of friends?
and we were to share every second of our lives with eachother?
you told me so!
and I believed you.
forgive me.

I was a child
I didn't know of love
I barely had my first kiss
that with you. YOU
how was I to know what I felt
forgive me.

Here I wait,
to feel what my heart felt for you
that one night I was to leave you
someone? anyone?
surely you couldn't have been that special
right?.. right?!!
 ... and I let you go
I must.
forgive me
for I only wish you the very best of all!






here's the link if you wanna have a listen... :)
this is what makes us girls- Lana Del Rey










No comments:

Post a Comment